What Are Menstrual Disorders?
Menstrual disorders are the most common health discrepancy faced by women. Anything that directly or indirectly disrupts a woman’s normal menstrual cycle can cause menstrual disorders. They are the most pressing reason to drive women to a gynaecologist. Dr Sukhamoy Barik, the best Gynaecologist in Dum Dum, treats all kinds of menstrual disorders with successful outcomes.
Menstrual disorders and the associated symptoms can cause severe distress to a woman’s life and mental health. They can equally affect her capacity to enjoy a healthy reproductive life.
Types of Menstrual Disorders
There are many kinds of menstrual disorders, such as:
- Prolonged and abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Amenorrhea or the absence of menstrual bleeding.
- Oligomenorrhea, aka the light and infrequent menstruation.
- Fibroids or noncancerous uterine tumours.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Physical and emotional discomforts before menstruation.
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD): Unwelcome changes in mind and body, such as headaches, bloating, and breast tenderness, that happen for a week or two before your period.
The Causes of Menstrual Disorders
Menstrual disorders could be triggered by a variety of factors, such as :
- Uterine Fibroids
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Clotting Disorders
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)-Cysts on the ovaries
The Symptoms of Menstrual Disorders
- Abnormal and excessive menstrual bleeding
- Pain and cramps
- Depression & Dizziness
- Emotional Distress
- Bloating and feeling of fullness in the abdomen